Earlier this month I shared with you my thoughts on NASA’s new vision and how the new vision could fail. And the weekend before the budget was unveiled I wrote about what I thought NASA should pursue in its future.
There has been no shortage of people sharing their thoughts on the FY2011 budget and the revamping of NASA and that is exactly how it should be. People should be heard. To date, the blog post in my opinion that sums things up the best is Changing Horses in Mid Stream. If you haven’t read this one yet, it’s worth the time.
However, have you noticed that there isn’t a consensus in what is being said? Which way should NASA go? There are different camps. Which one are you in? Are you in the commercial camp? The NASA only camp? The Constellation camp? The extend Shuttle camp? There are too many to list.
Answer the following questions and include the why…then come back and see how I answered them.
1) Should Constellation be saved?
2) Should Shuttle be extended to close the gap?
3) Should NASA perform exploration missions while developing new R&D technogologies that will get us to Mars?
4) Is a heavy-lift vehicle required to leave LEO?
5) Why is inspiration important to the future of NASA?