UPDATE: Several long-time spacetweeps were selected for this tweetup and will be attending. Look for tweets from me (@flyingjenny), @CraftLass, @travelholic, @amoroso, @marcozambi, @SpaceKate, @DrLucyRogers, @rocketman528, @akanel and more- follow the hashtag #spacetweetup and follow along with our #endlessBBQtour as we travel through Europe.
The DLR German Aerospace Center and the European Space Agency are hosting a #spacetweetup on September 18th in Cologne, Germany. From the tweetup announcement:
“German Aerospace Day takes place every two years at the Cologne/Porz establishment shared by DLR, ESA’s European Astronaut Centre and partners Cologne Bonn Airport and the German Air Force.
For the first time, this year’s event will feature a variety of attractions with exclusive access for DLR and ESA Twitter followers.
The Space Tweetup will provide customised access, insights and opportunities, including:
- Welcome by DLR and ESA Social Media Managers, Marco Trovatello and Fulvio Drigani
- Keynote by NASA Social Media Manager Stephanie Schierholz
- Chance to meet Thomas Reiter ESA Director of Human Spaceflight and Operations and ESA astronaut, and other European astronauts
- Q&A with SOFIA project managers/scientists
- Various indoor and outdoor tours including:
- Tour of ESA’s European Astronaut Centre
- SOFIA, the NASA–DLR flying observatory using a heavily modified Boeing 747 SP
- Airbus A380, provided exclusively by Airbus for German Aerospace Day
- A300 Zero-G used by DLR and ESA for parabolic flight campaigns
- Tour of DLR research institutes and facilities
- Q&As with DLR/ESA scientists and project managers
- Opportunities to meet the DLR and ESA social media teams, as well as fellow European spacetweeps“