World Space Week 2013 with MarsTweetup on 5th October 2013by @olidax on Sep 3, 2013 • 11:25 AM
This year’s World Space Week motto is: Exploring Mars. Discovering Earth.
From 4-10 October 2013, more than twenty organizations spread across four continents will be exploring Mars – and discovering more about Earth in the process. A campaign of networked Mars analog simulations, including a 4-day Mars simulation at the Desert Research Station (MDRS) in Utah (US), is being launched to celebrate World Space Week (WSW) 2013.
The Mission to Mars and all satellite events will be coordinated from the WSW 2013 Mission Control Center, located at the Headquarters of the Austrian Space Forum in Innsbruck, Austria.
Invitation for 2nd MarsTweetup #simulateMars
On 5th of October 2013 the Austrian Space Forum (OEWF) is inviting 20 Social Media followers to the World Space Week Mission Control Center (MCC) in Innsbruck. This is a unique opportunity for Social Media users get a behind-the-scenes look into Mars analog research, an operating Mars analog MCC and to meet other Social Media users sharing the same interest. Through the MCC in Innsbruck the activities in the Mars Desert Research Station as well as global satellite events will be coordinated.
Planned activities during the MarsTweetup:
- Mars analogs and MARS2013 Morocco Mars Simulation 2013
- “Failure is not an option”, the role of a Mission Control Center (Mars Simulation flight controllers share their experience first-hand!)
- Mission Control Center tour – an intimate look-behind-the-scenes of Mars Analog Research
- Extra-Vehicular-Activity with the Aouda.X Mars spacesuit simulator EVA
- Live-Link to World Space Week satellite events
This MarsTweetup will be held in Innsbruck, Austria on 5th October 2013, 09:00 a.m – 6:00 p.m
Registration ends on Thursday, 7th of September 2013 at 12:00 pm CEST.